Fairbury City-Wide Cleanup
Each year the City of Fairbury sponsors its annual City Wide Clean-Up in April.
Monday - Friday, April 24 - April 28, 2017
It's that time of year again!! Roll up your sleeves and join your neighbors and friends in this city wide observance to make our city a neater, cleaner and more attractive place to live!
THE CITY OF FAIRBURY WILL PROVIDE FREE CURBSIDE PICK-UP SERVICE FOR CLEAN-UP ITEMS IN THE CITY LIMITS ON THE SCHEDULED DAYS ONLY AS LISTED BELOW:
MONDAY APRIL 24 - The area west of and including both sides of "A" street from 3rd to 16th streets
TUESDAY APRIL 25 - "B" street, "C" street, "D" street and "E" street from 6th and 17th streets
WEDNESDAY APRIL 26 - "F" street from 2nd to 17th streets, "G" street from 2nd and 20th streets, "H" street from 2nd and 27th streets
THURSDAY APRIL 27 - "I" street, "J" street and "K" street from 2nd to 27th streets
FRIDAY APRIL 28 - McDowell street, Hubbel street, "L" street, "M" street and "N" street from P.W.F. Road to 16th streets and South "I" street, "J" street and "K" streets
DO NOT PUT TRASH CURBSIDE TOO EARLY!!! Trash put out more than 2 weeks before City Wide Clean-Up Week begins will be subject to being picked up by the city for a fee that will be billed to the resident and/or property owner.
- This service is limiited to THOSE LIVING AT A QUALIFYING RESIDENCE and for materials FROM THOSE PROPERTIES ONLY - NO BUSINESSES!!!
- Maximum of (1) truck load per residence
- All items must be placed CURBSIDE BY 7:00 A.M. on the scheduled pick-up day (no alley pick-up)
- ALL GARBAGE CANS, PLASTIC BARRELS AND CONTAINERS AT THE CURBSIDE DURING CLEAN UP WEEK WILL BE THROWN AWAY
- Fairbury Residents - NO BUSINESSES, may also haul their own eligible materials, free of charge, to the transfer station
ELIGIBLE MATERIALS, from qualifying residential properties only - NO BUSINESSES - includes, but is not limited to: Appliances, Furniture, Rugs, Tires (without rims). Car parts, Building materials, etc. DO NOT BAG MATERIALS - workers must be able to visually determine what the item is.
Junked vehicles will also be removed at no charge by calling 729-5261 and furnishing proof of ownership
MATERIALS NOT ELIGIBLE include, but are not limited to: Shingles, Logs, Brush, Stumps, Concrete, Leaves, Grass, Garbage, Ashes, Paint (in liquid form), Chemicals and ALL LIQUIDS.
IT SHALL BE UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE WORKERS AS TO WHAT MATERIALS ARE OR ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!