Fairbury Clinic P.C.
825 22nd St.
Fairbury, NE 68352
If no answer or after hours call 729-3351 (JCHC).
Email Fairbury Clinic
Jacki Moellenberndt, Office Manager, ext. 114
Mon-Fri. 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
The clinic's services include a broad spectrum of family medicine including: Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Dermatology, Orthapedics, and many minor surgeries and procedures.
Staff includes four board certified family physicians, Dr. RA Blatny, Dr. Craig Shumard, Dr. Rick Blatny Jr., Dr. Ted Tucker. There are also three board certified physician assistants on staff, Doug Ruzicka, P.A.-C, Wendy VanSkiver, P.A.-C, Amanda D. Lintz, P.A.-C.
The Fairbury Clinic accepts most major health insurance plans, Medicare and Medicaid. You may check with our office staff to see if your insurance is accepted.
Urgent medical calls will be answered at 729-3361, after hours at JCHC 729-3351. If you have a true medical emergency, call 911.
It is the intention of The Fairbury Clinic, P.C. to provide the highest standards of medical care and practice to the patients who present themselves for evaluation or treatment. This care shall be provided regardless of sex, race, creed, color, national origin or economic status. We will provide quality care by identifying and meeting the psychological, physiological and sociological needs of each individual patient.
We further state that the medical staff is an integral part of the health care team and will integrate our activities in research and education to meet the needs of both the patient and the health care team.
The Fairbury Clinic, P.C. incorporated under the current name in 1975, but there was a Fairbury Clinic for many years before that date. The building at the current location was built in 1967 and expanded in 1998.
We have a very close working relationship with Jefferson Community Health Center. Our Doctors and Physician Assistants provide emergency room care at the hospital as well as in-patient services. We refer many patients, when necessary, to the visiting specialist at JCHC for out-patient services. Some of our own out-patient procedures, such as colonoscopy, are done at JCHC.
- Medical Care
- The clinic staff furnishes diagnostic and therapeutic services an supplies furnished in a physician office. These include: medical history, physical examination, assessment of health status, treatment for a variety of medical conditions.
- The clinic provides basic laboratory services essential to the immediate diagnosis and treatment of the patient. See attached section on laboratory services.
- The clinic provides x-ray services.
- The clinic provides medical emergency procedures as a first response to common life-threatening injuries and acute illnesses, and has available the drugs and biologicals commonly used in life saving procedures, such as analgesics, anesthetics (local), antibiotics, anticonvulsant, antidotes and emetics, serums and toxoids.
- The clinic refers it’s patients on an emergency or regular basis to Jefferson Community Health Center (JCHC). JCHC provides emergency, outpatient and inpatient, and skilled care to patients from the clinic.
- Additional and specialized diagnostic laboratory and x-ray services not available at the clinic are also provided at JCHC.
- All services offered by the clinic are furnished in accordance with the applicable Federal, State and Local laws. The clinic is primarily engaged in providing family practice outpatient health services.
- DESCRIPTION OF CLINIC SERVICES FURNISHED DIRECTLY:
- Routine health care maintenance
- Well baby checks
- Minor surgical procedures
- Prenatal care
- Administrative health care examinations
- Diagnostic and therapeutic services and supplies
- Other services provided consisting of primary medical care
- CLINIC SERVICES FURNISHED THROUGH AGREEMENT OR ARRANGEMENT:
- Hospital admissions including swing bed care
- Nursing home admissions and subsequent visits and care
- Emergency room care
- Home health care
- Physical therapy
- Laboratory and x-ray
- Cardiac rehab
- Consulting specialists
- Occupational therapy
- Diabetic teaching
- Dietary counseling
- Speech therapy
- LABORATORY SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE CLINIC INCLUDE:
- Chemical examinations of urine by stick or tablet methods or both
(including urine ketones)
- Hemoglobin or hematocrit
- Blood sugar
- Stool specimens for occult blood
- Pregnancy tests
- Primary culturing for transferring to certified laboratory
- Microscopic exam of urine
- White blood count
- Differential WBC
- Platelet count
- Prothrombin time
- Uric acid
- Nasal smear for eosinophils
- Vaginal wet smear
- Sedimentation rate
- Anal slide for pin worms