AGENDA OF JEFFERSON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
NOTICE: The regular meeting of the Jefferson County Board of Commissioners will be held in the commissioner’s room. Attendees are encouraged, but not required to utilize Zoom access. Information is available at https://jeffersoncounty.nebraska.gov/ or see Zoom access information at the bottom of the page. *
DATE: January 11, 2022 9:00 a.m.
1. Call to order
2. The open meetings act has been posted on the wall in the back of the room and at https://jeffersoncounty.nebraska.gov/ for anyone to view.
3. Roll Call
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. 9:05 a.m. – Board of Equalization – Jenny Meyer, deputy treasurer – Six vehicle exemptions for Jefferson Community Health Center; Mary Banahan, assessor – tax list correction
NOTE: Items of business that are routine which are expected to be adopted without dissent. Items are automatically approved when the consent agenda is approved unless an item is REMOVED by a Commissioner or any member of the public. Removed items will be placed under New Business for action by the County Board.
1. Approve 1-4-2022 minutes
2. Appoint all Jefferson County banks as official banks & NPAIT – as long as they will furnish security; treasurers notes; bills or bonds for any deposit over $250,000
3. Appoint all board members & county clerk as official tax exemption signers
4. Designate the Fairbury Journal News & their website as the official newspaper and the Jefferson County, Ne website for providing publications/notices
5. Affirm appointment of Michael T. Dux as the LB840 board & Five Rivers RC&D representative; Mark Schoenrock as the Blue Valley Community Action, Blue Rivers Area Agency on Aging and Public Health Solutions representative; Gale Pohlmann as the Region V Services, Region V Systems and SENDD representative.
6. Approve chairman signing the MOU with Whispering Acres for previously approved ARPA funds
REGULAR AGENDA – DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS
Reorganizational meeting – nominate new chairman & vice-chairman
1. 9:15 a.m. – Alan Dux, historical society roof project
2. 9:45 a.m. – Computer I.T. – report on department; pole attachment contract with City of Fairbury for fiber project
3. 10:00 a.m. – Jerry Hain, county surveyor – updates
4. 10:30 a.m. – Tim Farmer, highway superintendent – phone call with updates on ECP West project
5. 11:00 a.m.- Jenny Meyer, deputy treasurer – closed session – personnel
6. Comments by the Public
7. Approve claims and payroll
8. 12:00 noon – Lunch
The County Board reserves the right to go into executive session in accordance with Section 84-1410.
Jefferson County Clerk
The Above Agenda Is Open Until 24 Hours Prior To The Meeting And Is Subject To Change To Include Emergency Items.
*Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81891951121?pwd=QlJzZFdmRGhTZlJYMlNtUERmblZSdz09
Meeting ID: 818 9195 1121
Passcode: 917445 Dial by your location +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C.) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)