AGENDA OF JEFFERSON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
NOTICE: The regular meeting of the Jefferson County Board of Commissioners will be held in the commissioner�s room. Attendees are encouraged, but not required to utilize Zoom access. Information is available at https://jeffersoncounty.nebraska.gov/ or see Zoom access information at the bottom of the page. *
DATE: October 5, 2021 9:00 a.m.
1. Call to order
2. The open meetings act has been posted on the wall in the back of the room and at https://jeffersoncounty.nebraska.gov/ for anyone to view.
3. Roll Call
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. 9:05 a.m. � Board of Equalization � Leroy Bast, treasurer � vehicle exemption for Jefferson County Rescue on a 1999 Freightliner; Approve/sign Resolution 2021-25 Levy 2021-2022 Tax Rates
NOTE: Items of business that are routine which are expected to be adopted without dissent. Items are automatically approved when the consent agenda is approved unless an item is REMOVED by a Commissioner or any member of the public. Removed items will be placed under New Business for action by the County Board.
1. Approve minutes of September 28, 2021
2. Approve/sign engagement agreement with Woods Aitken, LLP for contract negotiations with Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #86
3. Approve special designated liquor license permit for Tooleys, LLC to serve alcohol on October 23, 2021 at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds for the Stewart wedding
4. Approve/sign Resolution 2021-27 to authorize the treasurer to figure the % of General funds collected from 2021 taxes for 24 months to the Jefferson County Highway fund
REGULAR AGENDA � DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS ��
Honor Veteran of the Month � outside by the Veterans memorial, weather permitting
1. 9:15 a.m. � Hwy Dept. � report on department, permits, sign Resolution 2021-26 annual certification of program compliance, discuss/approve building bid
2. 9:45 a.m. � Robert Messbarger, Fairbury City Administrator – introduction
3. 10:00 a.m. �
4. 10:15 a.m. �
5. 10:30 a.m. –
6. 11:00 a.m. �
7. Approve claims/payroll
8. Comments by the Public
9. 12:00 noon � Lunch
The County Board reserves the right to go into executive session in accordance with Section 84-1410.
Jefferson County Clerk
The Above Agenda Is Open Until 24 Hours Prior To The Meeting And Is Subject To Change To Include Emergency Items.�
*Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81891951121?pwd=QlJzZFdmRGhTZlJYMlNtUERmblZSdz09
Meeting ID: 818 9195 1121
Passcode: 917445����� Dial by your location +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C.) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)