Sponsored by: Blue Valley Community Action Partnership
514 D Street
P.O. Box 352
Fairbury, NE 68352
Collena Laschanzky, Program Director
3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
(K-7th, 8th and up are welcome to come and volunteer)
Friday is Teen night
4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (7th and up)
The Family and Youth Involvement Center’s mission is to provide youth with a safe place to attend afterschool. Listed below are just a few of the opportunities available.
- Homework Assistance:
- Cooperating with teachers and parents to help students improve their quality of learning.
- AmeriCorps members interacting with small groups of youth, offering more one-on-one attention.
- Computer Technology:
- Closely monitoring Internet use for school projects and appropriate games.
- Indoor and outdoor activities focusing on physical education.
- Arts and Crafts:
- Year-round activities encompassing all age groups.
- Interacting in a comfortable environment that includes books, games/puzzles and dances.