- Direction From Fairbury: Hwy 136 W 7 miles, N 6 miles, W 2 miles
- Direction From Daykin: South 5 miles, W 2 miles
- Directions From Alexandria: E 3 miles, S 1 mile
- Days Of Operation:
- Click Here for local Fairbury bait & tackle shops.
For more information, click here.
Camping is available year-round in Nebraska. Nebraska’s state parks, state historical parks and state recreation areas offer five different levels of camping: full hookup ($35 per night); electric plus ($30 per night); electric ($25 per night); basic ($15 per night); and primitive ($10 per night)
Residents $30 for an annual permit, duplicate annual permits are available for $15 and daily permits for $6. For vehicles not registered and licensed in Nebraska $45 for an annual permit, duplicate annuals permits are available for $22.50 and daily permits for $8. (For most updated info check the website)
- This scenic area east of Alexandria, Nebraska encompasses 1,769 acres of park and wildlife lands including two lakes, totaling 43 acres of water. The lakes have recently undergone reconstruction and renovation and offers some excellent fishing opportunities. Surveys indicate the lakes contain the largest number of bass in the region, some longer than 15 inches. Anglers also have success catching bluegills and channel catfish. Fishing is usually best in the early spring and late fall because underground springs provide nutrients to the lakes, causing excessive weed growth in summer. A gravel road encircling one lake and most of the other provides easy fishing access. Alexandria SRA is located four miles east of the town of Alexandria in northwestern Jefferson County. The modern campground has plenty of shade trees and offers 25 sites with 30 amp electrical hookup and 15 sites without electricity. A small swimming beach is available. Only electric- and non-powered boats are allowed on the lakes.Enjoy a picnic with 51 grills and 57 picnic tables on the site. Other facilities include 3 shelters, drinking water, modern restrooms and concession. Playground, swimming area, and dump station also available.