(Take 3rd Street West to Frederick)
Days Of Operation:
Crystal Springs may be near Fairbury, but it is a world apart from city life.
The 73-acre park just south of Fairbury offers recreation and a variety of wildlife viewing opportunities in a location that is less than five miles from civilization.
Two spring-fed lakes and a third man-made pond provide fishing opportunities for visitors. A variety of fish, from large-mouth bass to catfish and blue gill, are available for catching at Crystal Springs. Trout have also been stocked.
Crystal Springs also includes campgrounds with RV hook-ups, picnic areas and playground equipment.
Birdwatching is also a main attraction of Crystal Springs, as many varieties of migrating birds have been seen at the park. Bald eagles have been seen at the park, attracting birdwatchers. Beauty and serenity surround you for a day or a week.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1 2022, RESERVATIONS are required for the Lakeside Area (Sites 1-20 and Sites 22-24 – see map below). Reservations can be made online (City website) or by scanning the QR code below from your phone.
RATES for camping are $20.00/night. Sites 1-20 and Sites 22-24 require a reservation. When making a reservation online, an administrative fee of $0.70/night will be charged.
- A reservation date is defined as beginning at 11:00 am on the day of your reservation and ending at 10:30 am of the following day.
- Reservations can be made in advance for up to one year.
- While making your reservation, you will be prompted to enter the make/model of your vehicle / camper as well as enter the license plate number of your parked vehicle. Upon confirmation of your reservation, you will receive a paid receipt electronically (will also have the option to print) indicating the day(s) you have reserved for the site you selected.
- Reservations are limited to 14 consecutive days for a site and will require an additional reservation (if available) to accommodate a stay longer than 14 days.
- Campers, motorhomes, or vehicles parked in a site without a reservation will be asked to leave and/or be towed. City Staff and the Camp Host will verify camping sites are reserved throughout the day.
- Catalog – Fairbury, NE (rec1.com)