Diller Bank Museum
Located in Diller, Nebraska, southwest of Beatrice, Nebraska, the Diller Bank Building Museum houses a sampling of history from Diller’s past. The building, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1883 as the People’s State Bank It was also known as the First National Bank and became the Citizen’s State Bank in 1914. Early president of the bank was A.H. Colman, one of Diller’s most prominent citizens over the years. He came from Cass County, Nebraska, in the 1870’s and dug the well in the center of Main Street. He left money after his death for a boys’ home located south of Diller which was in operation until the late 1950’s.
Many of the bank’s original features still remain, including the tellers’ windows and desks and the vault.
The museum is being developed and expanded and is open by appointment by calling (402)729-5131 or during the annual Diller Picnic in July.