AGENDA OF JEFFERSON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
NOTICE: The regular meeting of the Jefferson County Board of Commissioners will be held in the commissioner’s room. Attendees are encouraged, but not required to utilize Zoom access. Information is available at https://jeffersoncounty.nebraska.gov/ or see Zoom access information at the bottom of the page. *
DATE: December 6, 2022 9:00 a.m.
· Call to order
· The open meetings act has been posted in the room and at https://jeffersoncounty.nebraska.gov/ for anyone to view.
· Attendance by observation
· Pledge of Allegiance
· 9:05 a.m. – Board of Equalization – Mary Banahan, assessor – tax list corrections
NOTE: Items of business that are routine which are expected to be adopted without dissent. Items are automatically approved when the consent agenda is approved unless an item is REMOVED by a Commissioner or any member of the public. Removed items will be placed under New Business for action by the County Board.
1. Approve 11-22-2022 minutes
2. Approve/sign Zelle recruiting and referral agreement
REGULAR AGENDA – DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS
Honor Veteran of the Month
· 9:15 a.m. – Hwy Department – report on department, permits, discuss possible gate at 573 Ave and 703 Rd., Approve Resolution 2022-20 authorize chairman to sign Environmental Services Agreement for Steele City West project BRO-7048 (18); review National Functional Classification System for NDOT and sign
· 10:15 a.m. – Joe Casson, county attorney – discuss/approve Resolution 2022-22 to appoint the county attorney and approve the contract for services; discuss/approve interlocal with City of Fairbury for prosecution of ordinance violations by the county attorney
· 10:30 a.m. – Cheyanne Kuehn, ambulance director- closed session for strategy
· 10:45 a.m. – Jerry Hain, surveyor – discuss/approve Resolution 2022-21 authorize chairman to sign Master agreement with Nebraska Department of Transportation for survey services/corner restoration, discuss county surveyor vacancy
· 11:00 a.m. – Jefferson Community Health and Life representatives – discuss ambulance service options – closed session for strategy
· 11:30 a.m. –
· Approve claims and/or payroll
· Comments by the Public
The County Board reserves the right to go into executive session in accordance with Section 84-1410.
Kristina Riggle, Jefferson County Clerk
The Above Agenda Is Open Until 24 Hours Prior To The Meeting And Is Subject To Change To Include Emergency Items.
*Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81891951121?pwd=QlJzZFdmRGhTZlJYMlNtUERmblZSdz09
Meeting ID: 818 9195 1121
Passcode: 917445 Dial by your location +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C.) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)