AGENDA OF JEFFERSON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
NOTICE: The regular meeting of the Jefferson County Board of Commissioners will be held in the commissioner’s room. Attendees are encouraged, but not required to utilize Zoom access. Information is available at https://jeffersoncounty.nebraska.gov/ or see Zoom access information at the bottom of the page. *
DATE: October 3, 2023 9:00 a.m.
· Call to order
· The open meetings act has been posted in the room and at https://jeffersoncounty.nebraska.gov/ for anyone to view.
· Attendance by observation
· Pledge of Allegiance
· 9:05 a.m. – Board of Equalization –
NOTE: Items of business that are routine which are expected to be adopted without dissent. Items are automatically approved when the consent agenda is approved unless an item is REMOVED by a Commissioner or any member of the public. Removed items will be placed under New Business for action by the County Board.
1. Approval of 9-26-2023 minutes
2. Approve Resolution 2023-13 Authorize Treasurer to figure % of general tax transfer to highway
REGULAR AGENDA – DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS
Honor Veteran of the Month – outside by the courthouse Veterans Memorial (weather permitting)
· 9:15 a.m. – Hwy Department – report on department, permits, Scott Nelson, Little Blue NRD discuss right-of-way for water line, discuss Jefferson County Historical Society possible demolition of the Steele City School and possible agreement with the county to park equipment on the property
· 9:45 a.m. – Jeff Klaumann, ambulance director – review/approve Resolution 2023-12 to set ambulance billing rates, review/sign termination letter with Quick Med Claims review/sign contract with One Billing Solutions
· 10:00 a.m. – John McKee, emergency manager/planning and zoning administrator/weed- report on departments, informational briefing with Keith Marvin, Marvin Consulting on the comprehensive plan review
· 11:15 a.m. – Shawna Taylor, clerk of the district court – review/sign transfer of ownership agreement for courtroom technology, review microfilming bid
· 11:30 a.m. – Jim Carpenter, veterans service officer – quarterly report on department
· Approve claims &/or payroll
· Comments by the Public
· 12:00 noon – Lunch break (if needed)
The County Board reserves the right to go into executive session in accordance with Section 84-1410.
Kristina Riggle, Jefferson County Clerk
The Above Agenda Is Open Until 24 Hours Prior To The Meeting And Is Subject To Change To Include Emergency Items.
*Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81891951121?pwd=QlJzZFdmRGhTZlJYMlNtUERmblZSdz09
Meeting ID: 818 9195 1121
Passcode: 917445 Dial by your location +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C.) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)